The Photonics team works on high-technology development services in the photonics field. Such developments mainly targets high-end products for telecom applications.
We have a multidisciplinary and highly skilled team with advanced know-how and experience on photonics devices development (design, modeling, packaging, test and qualification), PIC design and characterization, and system simulation and validation.
Development of high-performance and highly integrated tunable lasers for telecom applications enabling high-speed data transmission and small form factor transceivers.
- Photonics Device Design
- LASER design; Modeling and simulation; Optical; Electrical; RF; Mechanical; Thermal
- Photonic Packaging
- Packaging design; Equipment design; Processes (optical alignment, die bonding, wire bonding, welding, epoxy, sealing); Material selection; Quality assurance; Machine automation
- Photonics Device Test
- Test station design and specification; Tests processes design; Test equipment automation; Characterization (optical, electrical, RF); Qualification tests; BOM incoming inspection; Device control system
- PIC Design and Characterization
- Photonic integrated circuit design; Modeling; Simulation; Layout; DRC
- Characterization: station design, fiber coupling, DC/RF probes; measurements
- Integrated tunable laser assemblies (ITLAs) for small form factor pluggable transceivers